Don’t talk shit about people’s teeth. Seriously.
Speaking as a major dental hygiene enthusiast…
Great-looking teeth come from two things: luck and money (which is also a function of luck).
- Dental procedures tend to be very, very expensive, and are almost never covered by insurance.
- Healthy teeth aren’t necessarily big, straight or bright white. Depending on what someone’s natural teeth are like, achieving that look may require a significant downgrade in their dental health; unnecessary crowns and veneers cause damage.
- Do not underestimate genetics’ role in determining teeth’s appearance, or how prone teeth are to problems. Genes and early development, i.e. things people get zero control over, can outweigh all else.
- A wide range of chronic conditions impact oral health and teeth’s appearance, too, and may contraindicate various types of work or raise procedures’ cost even more.
- Finally, for many people and many reasons, celebrity-looking teeth just aren’t a priority (even when they’re attainable; some people might want, y’know, a new car instead).
Regardless, don’t be an asshole. Not even very attractive teeth look good on those.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2tispbX